Friday, November 30, 2007

From Reason to Patience

Many thoughts run through my mind. I cannot begin to lay hold of them in order to separate them. That, my friends, is why I must write. My mind is slowly but comprehensively turning to thoughts of theology and philosophy. One of my role models, C.S. Lewis, has greatly inspired me to write and study theology. I do hope that the mindless rantings of my childhood will soon cease and begin to concern itself with higher thoughts and meaning. I desire not only to be a propetic evangelist of the Lord, but also my generation's foremost apologist. I hope to one day defend the name of my Lord against the World's thinkers amd writers. I would love nothing more than to challenge those who curse, blaspheme, and ignore my God. Yet, in all my wants and desires, I know that such is capable only through the will of the Lord and the strength he has given me.
Before I came here, I wrote of revival and revolution, both of which I still firmly believe in. However, I think have finally come into the learning of Psalms 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God." Patience is a virtue that takes time to learn. In learning patience, you also experiance and operate in patience, and little is more rewarding. God is looking for those who will be revivalist, reformists, and revolutionaries. Patience is their common trait. Revival, reform, and revolution are all things born of patience. Now, for most, I have found that even though patience is a beginning lession, it is one of the hardest pills to swallow. Yet, even still, it is one of the most rewarding lessions you can learn; to feel the satisfaction of your wait, your reward at the end. On that note, what is a Christian's life?? Revelation 2:10 says, "Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life." Patience and endurance, which go hand in hand, are key to the survival of a Christian. The subject matter of this has come from reason, to patience. Who knows what I will write next??
God does.

No comments: