Sunday, February 15, 2009

Knowledge...or a Lack Thereof

So, for those who know me well, you know I'm a reader. I'll go to a bookstore once or twice a week just because I can. Well, lately my mind has puzzled with some questions while walking through the aisles of books. I will share one of these with you now.

I like theology, among many other things. Yet, a slight depression came over me as I browsed through the shelves that contained all the technical information of Christianity. I began to ask myself as I looked around, "What do these people know? Who are they to tell me what is and what isn't? Where do they get their knowledge, and what is knowledge anyway?? I grew irate and bitter, because I knew that some of this so-called "knowledge" was tearing Christianity apart. I was with a group of friends, and they noticed the change in my demeanor.

After having a little pow wow with Daddy(Jesus), I realized that I knew the answers to these questions. Or, rather, Daddy had given them to me a long time ago. You see, Proverbs 1:7 says, "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction." The Message puts it this way: "Start with God- the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning." So, true knowledge begins with Daddy. Without him, all else is useless and only fools reject his sound teachings. So, there's where you start.

Now, to address the destructive nature of some knowledge. As we all know, nothing can be done without love(1 Cor. 13). Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up, according to 1 Cor. 8:1. I wonder if sometimes if the big theologians and thinkers out there ever consider that. From the looks of some of those books on the shelves, I should say that many miss the mark, some simply out to prove the other wrong. If that be the case, then according to the Bible, the very thing that they are arguing over, proves their knowledge to be worthless.

This world doesn't need more thinkers. This world need people who will love. Love is the foundation of all knowledge, and true knowledge is from God. If we do not respect one another in our differences, then our knowledge and religion is nothing. Keep this in mind

No comments: