Sunday, February 15, 2009

Viewpoints, Opinions, and Divisions.

I have once again felt the need to hash out the ever present problem with unity in the Body of Christ. I've been on this kick for quite some time, because the Lord won't let it leave me. This subject has become a reason for my existence. Ask anyone that knows me, and they'll tell you that unity is my thing. But this time, there is a more specific matter I would like to cover: books.

I was in Books-A-Million last night, browsing through various books and such, and I decided to wonder into the Christian section. I had already seen most of what was there in visits past. Yet, this time, I felt my heart grow heavy as I paid a better look at what I was seeing. This all started with a book I found that discredited some ministers and prophets who I know to be legitimate in their calling and teachings. Now, I did not begin to feel this way right away, but soon I saw more of it. One book on one part of the shelf would be there for the sole purpose of bashing another book on the other side. Again, my spirit began to remind me of the greater need for unity.

Guys, we live in a backward society that needs the Church as she is supposed to be: whole and able. Yet, we have let too much dissention come among us, thereby reducing the Body to a weak and almost powerless entity. I know that we all don't agree all the time, but there is a problem when Christians keep writing books to discredit other Christians. There are too many viewpoints and opinions out there destroying the unity of the Church. True, there may be some heresies and false teachings in the Body that need to be openly cast down, but seriously, this whole factor of disunity is coming down to the smallest of differences in OPINION!!!! Opinions and viewpoints are destroying us, people. my question to you is this: WHAT AE WE GONNA DO???

I'll give my answer later. I wanna see what everyone else says. Ya know, monitor opinions.....

Pride is gonna be an issue here too..........

No comments: